Planks (3-5 repetitions, works core, lower back and shoulders)
- Prop yourself up on your elbows with your feet slightly apart. Make sure your body is aligned, your abdominal muscles are tight, and shoulders are directly above the elbows and down and back, not hunched up.
- Hold this position for 45 seconds to one minute.
- Gradually add more time as your core gets stronger.
Walking and Jogging in Intervals (builds stamina and increases metabolism)
- Jog for a short burst of 30 seconds every 5 minutes for 30 minutes. (For the biggest metabolism boost, you’ll want to make sure that the interval portion leaves you breathing hard.)
- As you become more fit, you can increase the interval length to a minute, and decrease the walking segments to 4 minutes.
Push-Up on an Incline (builds muscle strength, works arm muscles, shoulder, chest and core)
- Stand facing a bench or sturdy elevated platform.
- Place hands slightly wider than shoulder width with legs straight out behind you.
- Keeping the body straight, lower your chest to the edge of the bench by bending the elbows.
- Push body up until arms are extended.
- Repeat 14 times
Looking to lose weight and tone up instead? Check out our article: 3 Exercises to Reduce Body Fat
If you need professional advice on how to develop good exercise regime, call us at +65 6679 7867 or email us at email@example.com and our friendly medical concierge will be on hand to assist you.