Here are 5 recommended foods for healthy lungs:
- Cruciferous vegetables – These include broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, bok choy and kale. A 2010 study found that people who consumed more cruciferous vegetables had a lower risk of lung cancer compared to those who consumed less.
- Water – Water helps to cleanse the lungs and body. It also keeps our lungs hydrated and the mucus flowing. While this may sound undesirable, mucus actually helps to clear the body of toxins.
- Fruits – Apples, grapefruit, oranges and pumpkins are some of the fruits that are beneficial to your lungs. Any fruit with flavonoids, beta carotene, vitamin E, and vitamin C or vitamin B6 can also improve the health of your lungs.
- Foods with Magnesium – This mineral can help individuals who suffer from asthma. It helps to increase lung capacity and build on the efficiency of the respiratory process. Foods high in magnesium include nuts, seeds, and beans.
- Foods with Carotenoids – Carotenoid is an orange antioxidant pigment that has been shown to reduce the risks of developing lung cancer. They are usually found in fruits and vegetables with orange or red colours. These include carrots, cantaloupe, sweet potatoes and tomatoes.
If you need expert advice from a nutritionist or dietitian, call us at +65 6679 7867 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly medical concierge will be on hand to assist you.