Teachers are in a good position to act as positive role models for students, parents and the community. A teacher who is on a personal journey to wellness – include healthy habits such as healthy eating and regular exercise can have a good positive influence on the health of their students and others. Schools, parents, students and communities need to realize that there is a strong link between health and education. When teachers model healthy habits, their own health improves!
Here are some simple tips to get you going:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables at snack time.
- Bring healthy foods for lunch.
- Offer healthy food options at staff meetings and parent council meetings.
Proper Health Supplementations
- Increase Vitamin C dosage to protect yourself against oxidative stress and fight away the flu bug.
- Recharge your cellular batteries with Coenzyme Q10 anti-oxidant to keep you energized throughout the day and help you stay on top of your game.
- Take Probiotic to boost healthy digestion and overall immunity health.
Positive Social Environments
- “Choose your mood” each day; aim to recognize your different moods and choose to improve your outlook or attitude, or how you express yourself, when necessary.
- Always welcome students to your class with a smile
- Get you and your fellow teachers moving! Consider having a boot-camp; organize a yoga or pilates class for staff, at a convenient time; or start a staff activity, such as a running group or volleyball team.
- Aim to go for a walk (indoors or outdoors) during part of your lunch hour; try to do this two or three times a week, for starters. Invite others to come along!
Teachers ARE our role models and inspire students every day. When you demonstrate health habits, it not only benefits you, it can also have a positive influence on the health-related choices made by students, parents and the community.
To get started on your journey to a healthier you, call our friendly medical concierge at +65 6679 7867 or email us at email@example.com and we will be on hand to assist you.