Eating for a healthy heart is easier than you think, and it taste good too. Many food options can help keep your heart at its best, helping you to lose weight and lower cholesterol, blood pressure and triglycerides. Here is some food loaded with heart-healthy nutrients into your daily meals. It can go a long way to help you avoid the emergency room.
- Salmon This fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which has anti-clotting effect, keeping your blood flowing. It also helps lower your triglyceride. Recommended to consume at least 2 servings (3.5ounces) of oily fish weekly. Other alternatives include tuna, sardines and mackerel.
- Walnut Eating 10 walnut halves a day can help reduce heart disease by 50%. It raises good “HDL” cholesterol and reduces bad “LDL” cholesterol. Almonds, cashew and pistachios are great choices too.
- Raspberries High in anti-oxidants (polyphenol) and reduces free radical damage to your body cells. Berries also provide fiber and vitamin C, lowering risk of stroke. Any berries such as strawberries, blueberries, black berries are excellent choices too. In general, fruits are crucial to your diet.
- Oatmeal Oats have a type of fiber (beta-glucan) which lowers bad “LDL” cholesterol. It is recommended to consume one and a half cup of oatmeal on a daily basis. Barley, shiitake mushrooms and seaweeds also contain beta-glucan fiber and are good alternatives.
- Avocado Contains good monounsaturated fatty acids, which helps lower cholesterol levels and may help prevent blood clotting. It also contains potassium which may help control blood pressure.
- Dark Chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) It is rich in flavanols, which improves blood vessels flexibility, lower blood pressure and prevent blood clots. It acts as an anti-oxidant and it can keeps “bad” cholesterol from sticking to your artery walls.
Be good to your heart. A truly healthy diet features a broad range of fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Avoid junk foods, processed food, drinks that contain high sugar, unhealthy fats like saturated and trans fats, as well as salt.
If you or your loved ones would like to seek professional help to assess your health and nutritional needs, call us at +65 6679 7867 or email us at email@example.com and our friendly medical concierge will be on hand to assist you.